Reality check. We live in a world where digital marketing dominates and that is not going to change any time soon. The internet marketing world is changing and evolving at the speed of light. This is both exciting and challenging. You may be an established brick and mortar business, start-up, e-commerce, non-profit or even blogger and you are reading this blog because you KNOW the value of SEO. You know that it is more important than ever to utilize cutting edge strategies to put and keep your business at the top of the search engines; happy, healthy and penalty free. With that being said, the SEO processes can be confusing and complicated to business owners and deciding who to invest trust and finances in is even more difficult!
We have compiled a list of some of the most vital SEO statistics of 2019 showing how consumers are using the internet to find literally any service, product or information they want. The most current data and research shows that organic searches constitute 94% of all web traffic. Website’s located on Page 1 of Google’s search results get 35% of the web traffic share. (Hubspot, 2018). To simplify this, it means if your business site is not found on Page One of the organic search results, you are losing insane amounts of potential customers and serious revenue to the competition.
Organic Search Engine Optimization
- Google has over 5 billion searches per day (Google)
- 40% of online revenue comes from organic search (Search Engine Journal)
- The number 1 organic listing on Google search results has a 35% click through rate for both desktop and mobile (Hubspot)
- As a whole, first page results get 91.5% of web traffic share. (Search traffic study)
- 87% of all buying decisions begin with an online search (Retail Dive)
- 61% of businesses marketers say improving SEO and expanding their organic search presence is their top marketing priority (Hubspot).
- 70-80% of search engine users are only focusing on the organic results (MarTech, 2018)
Paid Search vs. Organic Search
- Nearly 80% of users ignore paid ads in search results (SEO tribunal)
- 51% of all web traffic comes from organic search, 10% from paid search, 5% from social media, and 34% from other sources (compiled)
- Organic SEO produces nearly 6 times better results than paid online ads (Hubspot)
Local Search SEO
- 46% of all Google searches are local (SEO Tribunal).
- 76% of people who conduct a local search visit a local business within a day, and 28% of searches for something nearby result in a purchase (SEO Tribunal).
- 82% of mobile searchers used “near me” terminology for local search (Search Engine Land).
- The “Google local pack” (top three local companies in the SERPs) show up in the top position of 93% of searches with local intent (Hubspot).
- 68% of companies have integrated mobile marketing into their marketing strategy (Hubspot).
- Out of the 100 billion monthly searches on Google, 58% of those are done on mobile phones (Google).
- 51% of smartphone users have discovered a new company or product when searching on their phone (Hubspot).
- 50% of all web queries will be voice searches by 2020.
- 13% of all households in the United States owned a smart speaker in 2017, and that number is predicted to rise to 55% by 2022
- As of January 2018, there were about 1 billion voice searches per month. (Wordstream, 2018)
- 9 out of 10 consumers use a voice assistant on their smartphones; 41% say they use it daily (Search Engine Land).
- Google claims its voice recognition accuracy is now at 92% (Google).
Content Marketing & SEO
- 45% of all companies say content marketing is highly integrated into their marketing strategy (socialmediatoday.com).
- The average length of top-ranking pages on Google is 1,890 words (SEO Tribunal).
- Changes to SEO is the top concern (61%) of content marketing organizations (followed by social media algorithm changes at 45%). (Content Marketing Institute)
- Updating and republishing old blog posts with new content and images can increase organic traffic by as much as 111.37% (SEO Tribunal).
- Companies with a blog receive 97% more links to their site (SEO Tribunal).
- Blog posts with images get 96% more visits (SEO Tribunal).
- 57% of marketers claim to have gained customers via blogging (SEO Tribunal).
- Using videos on landing pages will increase conversions by 86% (Hubspot).
- Four times as many customers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it (Hubspot).
- 75% of millennials watch video content daily. (Forbes)
- Video content is 50 times more likely to drive organic search results than plain text. (Hubspot)
- 4 out of 5 consumers believe that demo videos are helpful (Hubspot).
- Including a video in a post increases organic traffic from search results by 157% (Hubspot).
- 53% of those with smartphones feel more favorable toward companies whose sites provide instructional video content (Hubspot).
- 52% of marketing professionals name video as the type of content with the best ROI (Hubspot).
Team Up with a SEO Expert
One of the best moves you can make as a business owner or marketer is to invest your marketing budget in the hands of experienced professionals who will design and implement a SEO strategy with winning results. If you are ready to launch your business to the next level get a FREE consultation or call us directly at (916) 426-6718.